Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

Good afternoon one and all!

Water, tea, and condiments are ready.

Have a great day!

Sorry I'm so late, I was out cleaning out the coop with my helper. Took everything out of the coop and sprayed it down. let them free range for about two hours. closed door to the coop until it dries. The chickens are in their run.
Ambitious! After letting the chickens out, I came in a relaxed long enough to know I needed more sleep. :lol: Four hours each last two nights. Darn cats.

Good morning all. Coffee is on, enjoy!

Val happy to read that your chicks are roosting, that’s always a major step.

I have duck eggs in the incubator,due to hatch around Thanksgiving. Plenty of projects though, coops need to be whitewashed and we’re working on a Fall garden.

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning everyone! Made some french roast, my fav. coffee. :D Enjoy!

We had to put the chicks on the roost again last night. They were all huddled in one nest box; not an easy fit these days. We're trying to stake out a roost just for them, but the big girls are being a little territorial. So, once again, we got everyone settled in a spot long enough to turn out the light and leave. :lol: I wonder how long this is going to take. 🤔

Is this why we love raising chickens? Always something new to teach them...always a new coop to build... and eggs, can't forget eggs.

Good morning everyone! Made some french roast, my fav. coffee. :D Enjoy!

We had to put the chicks on the roost again last night. They were all huddled in one nest box; not an easy fit these days. We're trying to stake out a roost just for them, but the big girls are being a little territorial. So, once again, we got everyone settled in a spot long enough to turn out the light and leave. :lol: I wonder how long this is going to take. 🤔

Is this why we love raising chickens? Always something new to teach them...always a new coop to build... and eggs, can't forget eggs.

It could take just a few days or up to weeks. It took me about 10 days to get all of mine roosting instead of being in the nest.

Good luck for a short time getting this done.

In order to get the big girls to leave them alone you may need to in a new roost just a little lower than the big girls.

It could take just a few days or up to weeks. It took me about 10 days to get all of mine roosting instead of being in the nest.

Good luck for a short time getting this done.

In order to get the big girls to leave them alone you may need to in a new roost just a little lower than the big girls.
Yes, I have 4 roosts, 3 different levels. I'm trying to give them the lowest one. I have high hopes for this group. I only had to show them twice to go in their coop at night. The next night they were like, "don't touch me! I'll do it myself". :gig And marched up the ramp on their own. :wee

thanks for the good luck! My big girls don't seem to want the little around at all. :rolleyes: The roosters are fine with it and just watch all the shenanigans from their perch. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom