Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

That sounds delicious, Val! I can't wait until i get some fresh eggs 😋
Here, have some of mine!
EGGS.JPG

Good morning! Thanks for the coffee!

For some reason when you said Italian roast I was picturing a beef roast with Italian seasonings. :gig I must have been trying to figure out dinner.
I have a good recipe for that kind of Italian roast. Here it is.

Liptons Onion Soup Mix has dehydrated onions, but I prefer to caramelize a couple onions and put that in instead. (I generally don't have Liptons Onion Soup on hand, and just make it myself sans the dehydrated onions.) I use a lot more garlic than the original recipe, and I don't worry about the Kitchen Bouquet if I don't have it, although I usually do.

If you like Italian beef, I hope you'll try this recipe. It is delisherous, as you say.

I use a London Broil for the two of us, or a Cross Rib for a small gathering, and then cook it a lot faster. I use a thermometer and take it out at 125 degrees, slice and return to the broth. The tougher cuts, like rump roast, would take the 3-4 hours, but I don't like those cuts and never buy them. :D

As you can see, I love sharing this recipe. It is so easy and always a hit!

Attachments

• Italian Beef.pdf
    467.7 KB · Views: 3
Morning here doing a take on armadillo eggs I was given..
Instead of peppers I am using a small onion little salad onions just the bulb.
may flop on me but what the hey right
Ingredients

24 jalapeno peppers
1 pound sausage
2 cups all-purpose baking mix
1 (16 ounce) package Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1 (16 ounce) package Monterey Jack cheese, cubed

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.

Cut a slit in each jalapeno pepper. Remove and discard seeds and pulp.

In a medium bowl, mix sausage, baking mix, Cheddar cheese, crushed red pepper, and garlic salt.

Stuff jalapenos with the Monterey Jack cheese cubes. Shape sausage mixture around the jalapenos to form balls.

Arrange jalapeno balls on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned.

Morning here doing a take on armadillo eggs I was given..
Instead of peppers I am using a small onion little salad onions just the bulb.
may flop on me but what the hey right
Ingredients

24 jalapeno peppers
1 pound sausage
2 cups all-purpose baking mix
1 (16 ounce) package Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1 (16 ounce) package Monterey Jack cheese, cubed

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.

Cut a slit in each jalapeno pepper. Remove and discard seeds and pulp.

In a medium bowl, mix sausage, baking mix, Cheddar cheese, crushed red pepper, and garlic salt.

Stuff jalapenos with the Monterey Jack cheese cubes. Shape sausage mixture around the jalapenos to form balls.

Arrange jalapeno balls on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned.
That will turn out great with the little onions, but why not the peppers? Aren't they the main ingredient? I've actually never had armadillo eggs, and I'm frankly wondering where the egg is :oops: , but I would definitely want the jalapenos. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom