Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

Still unkown to me where you are girl the initials do not ring a bell
Sorry Penny...haven't had much time on here today.

I'm at Oregon Health Sciences University in Portland Oregon. Virginia Mason isn't taking cases like mine right now because they had an influx of Covid patients, or that's what they told me at Providence Centralia. None of our hospitals in the Providence or Peacehealth systems can handle this situation.

OHSU is a research hospital that works on the most difficult cases, which it turns out I have. I have two teams of surgeons, GI and GYN, to tackle this via surgery on this coming Wednesday. So, apparently this has been going on for over a year undiagnosed because the symptoms indicated something simple like taking too much Nsaids, or something. So now it's big, complicated and effecting a few organs in some way, so multiple surgeons involved in the process. I have a lot of faith in this team.

I'm at Oregon Health Sciences University in Portland Oregon. Virginia Mason isn't taking cases like mine right now because they had an influx of Covid patients, or that's what they told me at Providence Centralia. None of our hospitals in the Providence or Peacehealth systems can handle this situation.

OHSU is a research hospital that works on the most difficult cases, which it turns out I have. I have two teams of surgeons, GI and GYN, to tackle this via surgery on this coming Wednesday. So, apparently this has been going on for over a year undiagnosed because the symptoms indicated something simple like taking too much Nsaids, or something. So now it's big, complicated and effecting a few organs in some way, so multiple surgeons involved in the process. I have a lot of faith in this team.
Massive hugs to you Valerie, stay positive and we are all back here praying for your recovery!! :hugs

If it is at all reassuring Val, my brother has worked in quite a few hospitals and says the research ones are usually the best. Lots of talented people at them tackling things the routine hospitals don't see/handle.

Keeping you in my prayers lady :hugs

If it is at all reassuring Val, my brother has worked in quite a few hospitals and says the research ones are usually the best. Lots of talented people at them tackling things the routine hospitals don't see/handle.

Keeping you in my prayers lady :hugs
That is a perfect description of OHSU. When DH was a heart transplant candidate, this is where he came. They told him he would have a transplant in 5 years or less, and 9 years later they say he probably wont need one at all. And that is all due to their care! So, I think I can trust them with my little tumor. :D Thanks for the confirmation from your brother. I agree with him. :highfive:

That is a perfect description of OHSU. When DH was a heart transplant candidate, this is where he came. They told him he would have a transplant in 5 years or less, and 9 years later they say he probably wont need one at all. And that is all due to their care! So, I think I can trust them with my little tumor. :D Thanks for the confirmation from your brother. I agree with him. :highfive:

Wow, reading about your DH, that's a good testament to their care...it's nice to have that reassurance.

Back
Top Bottom