Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

A town that smells like chocolate. What a nice thought. Would it make me want more chocolate or less? Would the smell satisfy the urge, or would I yearn for another smell and surround myself with aromatic flowers? :D

Mom and Dad also said the street lights were shaped like Hershey Kisses :D

Sounded like a kid's paradise to me!

@TheOddOneOut who is the cutie in your avatar?
His name is Nick. He is a 7- year old rescue mix off the streets of Riverdale, CA. He is a Papillon/Chihuahua/Tibetan Spaniel/who-knows what. He is a sweetheart, but he has some bad anxiety issues. If I pick up a stick or a shovel, he cowers in fear. He was definitely mistreated by someone.:(:mad:
He hates being around others dogs, too. He is very loud and barky if he sees another dog.
He is also a dog with not much common sense. He has (and I am convinced some of these were purposeful!): Jumped off of our 10-foot-high deck, stolen a large (for a ten pound dog) dose of Tylenol off of my bedside table, gotten in a fight with a mother raccoon (the only one harmed was him), stolen a bag of Easter chocolates (he ate a dozen bars!) and been hit by a car.(before we adopted him)
And yet he is still here! People talk about “ the one” in terms of dogs. Well, I’m pretty sure he’s mine.
1E125ED0-92C7-48CE-B979-E1C2EB6DCC19.jpeg
1FE1AD7A-1F6F-4E93-BAED-2A312519B848.jpeg
Okie I’m done yapping now. That’s probably lots more info than you wanted! :lau

@BY Bob I just noticed you're in Hershey, PA. When I was little my parents went there for some work thing and when they came home they fascinated us kids with a story of how the town smells like chocolate. Is that true? I know the candy company is there (or at least, used to be).

That just seemed like such a cool thing to me, a town that smells like chocolate :D
(My name is Debby and I am a chocoholic.)
I went there as a child.

His name is Nick. He is a 7- year old rescue mix off the streets of Riverdale, CA. He is a Papillon/Chihuahua/Tibetan Spaniel/who-knows what. He is a sweetheart, but he has some bad anxiety issues. If I pick up a stick or a shovel, he cowers in fear. He was definitely mistreated by someone.:(:mad:
He hates being around others dogs, too. He is very loud and barky if he sees another dog.
He is also a dog with not much common sense. He has (and I am convinced some of these were purposeful!): Jumped off of our 10-foot-high deck, stolen a large (for a ten pound dog) dose of Tylenol off of my bedside table, gotten in a fight with a mother raccoon (the only one harmed was him), stolen a bag of Easter chocolates (he ate a dozen bars!) and been hit by a car.(before we adopted him)
And yet he is still here! People talk about “ the one” in terms of dogs. Well, I’m pretty sure he’s mine.View attachment 2088680View attachment 2088681Okie I’m done yapping now. That’s probably lots more info than you wanted! :lau
What a sweet face. I'm so happy he found you to give him a better life, and he learned to love again. We really don't deserve dogs.

And yet he is still here! People talk about “ the one” in terms of dogs. Well, I’m pretty sure he’s mine.View attachment 2088680View attachment 2088681Okie I’m done yapping now. That’s probably lots more info than you wanted! :lau

Welcome to the thread! :) Very cute chicks. Heartwarming story about your pup. He's lucky to have you now :love

What a sweet face. I'm so happy he found you to give him a better life, and he learned to love again. We really don't deserve dogs.
We really don't! We can make mistakes, treat them badly, and they still love us. There's a quote "The only thing a dog loves more then himself is us." I think that sums it up!:lau

Nick is adorable! Thank you for sharing his pictures and story.

Back
Top Bottom