Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

lol, I love hatching chicks! You should definitely consider hatching your own peeps some day! It's very rewarding. ❤

I keep some and sell some. When I have a broody hen I usually pick a few to slip under them at night and then I sell the rest.

I just gave a friend some chicks the other day and she gave me PEACOCK EGGS!!! I'm excited to get to hatch some of these beauties again! :love

Ah, I would love to hatch chicks. I have my first order of chicks coming next month and I'm beyond excited. I considered just hatching chicks instead but the problems was getting roosters... we aren't in a ideal place to keep roosters, even for meat.

One day when we move (again) I will try the hatching! If I could snatch up a couple of your Ameraucanas you just hatched, I totally would!! It looks so fun to me!

Peacocks? How awesome!! Definitely need updates on how that goes :pop they are a beautiful!

We were on the NATO base for 3 years. DH and I took full advantage and traveled to much of the island. Met a lot of folks. Loved it. The weather is between 30 and 60 all year. Light 22 hrs a day in summer and dark 22 hrs a day in winter!!! :D

Val, what an experience and opportunity for you! A few years back my dad and I visited Iceland for a couple days. It was an amazing place, wishing we had more time to spend there. I couldn't imagine spending 3 years there, how fun!

Ah, I would love to hatch chicks. I have my first order of chicks coming next month and I'm beyond excited. I considered just hatching chicks instead but the problems was getting roosters... we aren't in a ideal place to keep roosters, even for meat.

One day when we move (again) I will try the hatching! If I could snatch up a couple of your Ameraucanas you just hatched, I totally would!! It looks so fun to me!

Peacocks? How awesome!! Definitely need updates on how that goes :pop they are a beautiful!

Peafowl take FOREVER to mature but my friend sends me updates from her homestead on the 3 peachicks I hatched last year. This is a Black Shouldered Peahen strutting her stuff and I think it's just the cutest thing! lol

Yeah, luckily our log cabin is pretty sturdy. And it's up on a plateau so the river doesn't get up to the house. The heavy wind does scare me because of all the trees swaying and dropping limbs.
We get that here too. Last year my neighbor lost two trees along the river bank. Luckily they went down toward the river and not on her house! That's what I worry about.

Do you have a lot of limbs down today?

Hi everyone! I just found this thread.
:frow
I just got 4 baby chicks of my own. Their names are Nutmeg, Vanilla, Salt, and Pepper. Here are some pics!
C0B672CB-6DB2-465A-860E-546236A4E0E8.jpeg
141D520D-3A72-46B4-B45D-F466151BCC97.jpeg
C4ED1EA9-31D4-49D2-8628-A55ED729A5C1.jpeg
49F058A8-2D81-4A32-9BCB-B0D7E765855C.jpeg
910DDB36-999B-414C-B4B1-4A2B45406C5F.jpeg
C1FBA75C-2E10-49A1-97E2-63DC9752E36A.jpeg

Val, what an experience and opportunity for you! A few years back my dad and I visited Iceland for a couple days. It was an amazing place, wishing we had more time to spend there. I couldn't imagine spending 3 years there, how fun!
It is beautiful in a very unique way. I'm glad you got to see some of it! And the food is amazing!!!

Back
Top Bottom