Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

Oh wow! Looks like a lake out there!

It was! After flooding a few times the company that owns the course built up the road between the course and the river but even last year with as little snow as we had, the river came right to the edge of the road. It could get ugly this year. Time will tell!

It was! After flooding a few times the company that owns the course built up the road between the course and the river but even last year with as little snow as we had, the river came right to the edge of the road. It could get ugly this year. Time will tell!
Well, good that they acted on it. Hopefully it isn't a mess this year. Maybe they need to do some more road building!

The golf course DH takes care of (and where I work too in the summer) has flooded a few times. This is a clip someone posted on YouTube from the 2010 flood (the river is right across the road from the course)
Wow! Someone posted photos on the Washington thread of the flooding at her house and her yard looked like that. Rain rain go away!!!

Wow! Someone posted photos on the Washington thread of the flooding at her house and her yard looked like that. Rain rain go away!!!

I would hate to have a flooded house!

The flooding around here happens when the snow in the mountains melts too fast to soak into the ground and it causes the river rise. We don't get much rain...just lots of snow :rolleyes:

The flooding around here happens when the snow in the mountains melts too fast to soak into the ground and it causes the river rise. We don't get much rain...just lots of snow :rolleyes:
I would hate that too! I'm on the high bank of the river, so there is no chance of flooding here. But, we get rain and wow it's just soggy out there!

That is what happened in Southern Washington\Northern Oregon this week. I am on the side of the Sacramento river where that is not a factor. The Eastern side is a different story though

Back
Top Bottom