Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

Yeah, but not being exposed to as much light during the day helps you fall asleep easier at night.
Hmmm...that's interesting. Well, I should be sleeping well, because we haven't seen the sun for 2 months. :lol: I think I was up until 3:30 this morning.

Your idea of trying to stay awake all day should help you sleep tonight. I never take naps because I know I wouldn't sleep a wink at night if I did.

The sleep doctor thought that I should move my sleep schedule around the clock more gradually, like an hour later every other day until I'm at a good sleep / wake time, but I have a hard time doing that.
Yes. Easy for the doctor to say. Problem is, when you can't go to sleep, it's not like you can just choose the hour and lay down. My DH can do that, but he doesn't have a problem with sleep. I like your idea of staying up all day until you're exhausted. But, I don't deal with what you are dealing with at all. My situation is mild in comparison. I just know that when I get tired enough I will get that one 8 hour night to refresh me.

I sure hope you find a way to either fix this, or to make your rhythm work for you. :)

Someone recently told me we should only take 1 mg of melatonin. And perhaps what I'm missing is the "several hours before" instruction. I usually just take it two hours before. But, I don't take it every night, only when I am feeling too lethargic from lack of sleep. Seriously, 6 hours is a good night's sleep for me. :lol:

They probably wouldn't prescribe anything too strong. I've never even asked because the thought of a real drug to put me to sleep i terrifying to me. What happens to me is, after a long period of not sleeping well, I will suddenly sleep for like 8 hours. I always feel so great when I do!
I find a days work works for me.:p

Back
Top Bottom