Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

Ya got done here then I had a call from a gal that was my savoir 10 years ago..
after I had a stroke, she is 82 now and having problems.. We talked a good hour
whish I could help more than just listen but life is
Finding someone who cares enough to listen is so comforting. You are doing more than you think for her

Ya got done here then I had a call from a gal that was my savoir 10 years ago..
after I had a stroke, she is 82 now and having problems.. We talked a good hour
whish I could help more than just listen but life is
Is she sick? She's lucky to have such a good friend to listen to her.

Lucky you! You must have a couple of nice big coops and a covered run, and all those things we'll start building next month. In the meantime, my four little coops are getting cleaned about every day with all this rain and short days. The girls are in more than they are out right now. :oops:
Yep, covered run shared by two of the coops, anyway. After almost 10 years of shoveling snow out of the run, hunched over so I didn't bonk my head we finally tore it out and redid it. Canned the little coop and built a new one and kept the old (bigger) coop. Although we haven't had much snow yet, it's already such a huge upgrade from what it was before and I know how much more I'll appreciate it when it starts coming down!

You replace the litter almost every day?

Yep, covered run shared by two of the coops, anyway. After almost 10 years of shoveling snow out of the run, hunched over so I didn't bonk my head we finally tore it out and redid it. Canned the little coop and built a new one and kept the old (bigger) coop. Although we haven't had much snow yet, it's already such a huge upgrade from what it was before and I know how much more I'll appreciate it when it starts coming down!

You replace the litter almost every day?
I have to clean where they roost every day for sure. But, it all comes out every two to three days right now. One is a prefab and that one gets cleaned completely out every two days without fail. Yep. Lots of cleaning going on around here, but in a couple of months I, too, will have a fabulous big coop and run!!! :woot

I love her dearly .... I have the tables in my coops the birds roost on and I clean them of poop every day... What falls below I have a childs sized rake.. I clean under the tables weekly
Yes, that's how I want my new coop. But right now they are just on roosts that are above the floor of the hutch style coops, so that has to get cleaned out. The new coop is sure going to save the amount of straw I'm raking out every day! I've been doing this for 4 years now. It's why I'm always telling folks in the New Member posts to build bigger than they can imagine needing.

Back
Top Bottom