Cream legbar crossed Goldline, thoughts and experiences?

Ive found a 29wk old Araucana, does the double gene stand true for this breed also?

Assuming the Araucana they have for sale are purebred, they should have double blue egg genes. That would would mean one blue egg gene will be passed to each offspring 100% percent of the time and give you colored eggs from all your offspring.

If its not super far or too costly I personally would go with the Araucana over the mixed Legbar. But it really depends on what you personally are looking to specifically from your breeding.

After much deliberation i think a pure bred cream legbar is the way forward, such a nice looking bird. Ill travel a bit further to the local supplier and get a legbar. Thankyou all for the gene information, and great pictures that helped me decide. -"chicken picken"

After much deliberation i think a pure bred cream legbar is the way forward, such a nice looking bird. Ill travel a bit further to the local supplier and get a legbar. Thankyou all for the gene information, and great pictures that helped me decide. -"chicken picken"
smile.png
Your Welcome! I hope you enjoy your Cream Legbar.

thanks for confirming! i love his colour. at 4months old will he be mature? i wonder when will be best to add him to my 6 hens...

I consider them fully mature at around 12months old. But in mating sense he will be mature enough to mate by about 4 months old. He could probably join your hens about that time also, 4-5month timeframe. Are you raising this chick alone or does he have a chick friend. Single chicks often don't do as well as chicks that have company.

Back
Top Bottom