Colorado

welcome-byc.gif
and the Co thread!

Hey there @COChix :) Liking it down here. I've gotten pretty lazy though... no coop even started and no chicks ordered. (and a messed up web site here with no emojis etc.) Can't decide whether to go full out with a woodsman style or simple and easy hoop style. I've turned into a pretty good procrastinator... I'll tell you all about it in a little while ;)

Hey @Latestarter its good to hear from you. Glad you're doing well and happy with the move.

Today is day seven of incubation. I've been having trouble stabilizing the temperature. It never fails. I have no problems for the two days I run the incubator empty but as soon as I put eggs in the temperature goes nuts. And the egg turner has to be just right or it will stick. Anyway... I candled the eggs. I've got 3 with very clear veins and a spot developing. One has veins but I can't see a spot. Three have nothing. I think they are duds but I'll leave them in. So that's 4 of 7 developing. Do you all think that is descent fertility for 10 month old birds in winter?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom