Colloidal silver dosage for immune health

Chiggums

In the Brooder
Apr 19, 2022
I had a hen pass away a few weeks ago and just received her necropsy report. She had succumbed to Marek's even though she and the rest of the flock were vaccinated upon hatching (so we were promised by the hatchery). This was unexpected even though I know the vaccine isn't 100% effective, so now I'm concerned about the rest of my flock. I've ordered Oxine online to disinfect the coop, since it's not available in stores anywhere near me, but want to use colloidal silver in the meantime to boost my flock's overall immune system.

If I were to add 500ppm colloidal silver to their drinking water, what should the dilution/dosage be? Does it need to be mixed fresh each day or can I fill their waterer with the solution and leave it in the coop for a few days at a time?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I had a hen pass away a few weeks ago and just received her necropsy report. She had succumbed to Marek's even though she and the rest of the flock were vaccinated upon hatching (so we were promised by the hatchery). This was unexpected even though I know the vaccine isn't 100% effective, so now I'm concerned about the rest of my flock. I've ordered Oxine online to disinfect the coop, since it's not available in stores anywhere near me, but want to use colloidal silver in the meantime to boost my flock's overall immune system.

If I were to add 500ppm colloidal silver to their drinking water, what should the dilution/dosage be? Does it need to be mixed fresh each day or can I fill their waterer with the solution and leave it in the coop for a few days at a time?

Thanks in advance!
I found this old thread here in BYC. I hope you can find your answers...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/colloidal-silver-dosage.1277070/

Back
Top Bottom