Cockatoo

Lady is not well so she told me now at the weekend. I was so excited last night I struggled to sleep lol,but the weekend is fine by me as it gives me a little more time to prepare.
Poor lady, I feel so bad for her. Keep researching and learning while you have this time. She is giving you her cage right? I would go buy some large parrot toys, my cockatoo loves the parrot piñata shredding toys.

Poor lady, I feel so bad for her. Keep researching and learning while you have this time. She is giving you her cage right? I would go buy some large parrot toys, my cockatoo loves the parrot piñata shredding toys.
I am getting everything, but I am going to order some toys and what not and some other bits and pieces and I am going to do some research about diet and a few other things. I feel a bit bad taking all of it for free and I even offered some money that was refused, all she said was she does not need the money. A bit of a sad sorry tbh but I hope to turn this situation into a positive and provide a good home for the bird. Have a good week and enjoy the rest of your day.

I am getting everything, but I am going to order some toys and what not and some other bits and pieces and I am going to do some research about diet and a few other things. I feel a bit bad taking all of it for free and I even offered some money that was refused, all she said was she does not need the money. A bit of a sad sorry tbh but I hope to turn this situation into a positive and provide a good home for the bird. Have a good week and enjoy the rest of your day.
Ok, good idea, post pics this weekend. Have a good week! :hugs

Here are pictures of the setup I have for my cockatoo, she perfers a simple cage like this but most cockatoos want an active, fun cage. I just added another perch and rotated toys and reconfigured her cage today. You should rotate toys at least every 2 weeks to keep them stimulated( put toys in then in 2 weeks new toys then old toys again ect)
20220823_122027.jpg
20220823_122048.jpg

How did it go? Did you get her?
Sorry for the slow reply I was off sick for a week. I did get her but a few days later the lady called me and asked if I would return her as she could not live without the bird. I am a little sad about it because the birds when I went to collect her were in dirty cages crowded and besides being well fed generally not looked after that well. I guess I could have refused to give the bird back but that would have caused a big stink at work and also soured my friendship so it was a difficult situation. It was a real shame as she got on really well with my kids (thebird). She did give me some lovebirds and a few kakarikis. The pair of Kakarikis went on to live with my sister and I kept the single Kakarikis and the lovebirds.

I don't know much about Kakarikis and this one I have now is hyper agressive he will chase the children around the house, dive bomb them and bite extremely hard. My guess this is a hormonal male but I am unsure.

Back
Top Bottom