Coccidis or something else?

Were you able to source some Endocox (Toltrizuril) as suggested in your other thread last week? I'd treat with that.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/cocci-help-needed.1622187/post-27710451
I'm back again 😩 he now has bubbly puffy eye. Just one. Other one is totally normal. Everyone else is good. I've been flushing with saline and using terramycin but I've been doing some research and thinking I might need something like Doxy-tyl or Tyosin. Any recommendations?

And thank you so so much for always helping

I'm back again 😩 he now has bubbly puffy eye. Just one. Other one is totally normal. Everyone else is good. I've been flushing with saline and using terramycin but I've been doing some research and thinking I might need something like Doxy-tyl or Tyosin. Any recommendations?

Pics of both eyes for reference on the difference. Also nose/mouth is not runny I was wiping off his beak because I got teramycin everywhere lol

Attachments

• Snapchat-950695878.jpg
    Snapchat-950695878.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • VideoCapture_20240516-200633.jpg
    VideoCapture_20240516-200633.jpg
    405.7 KB · Views: 2
  • VideoCapture_20240516-200710.jpg
    VideoCapture_20240516-200710.jpg
    425.1 KB · Views: 2
  • VideoCapture_20240515-074657.jpg
    VideoCapture_20240515-074657.jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 2

Both eyes look a bit sunken which can indicate respiratory infection. If you are seeing bubbles, you may be dealing with Mycoplasma, but without testing, there's no way to know for sure.

Continue with cleaning the eyes and using the ointment like you are doing. Tylosin or Doxy-Tyl should treat symptoms of Mycoplasma.

Both eyes look a bit sunken which can indicate respiratory infection. If you are seeing bubbles, you may be dealing with Mycoplasma, but without testing, there's no way to know for sure.

Continue with cleaning the eyes and using the ointment like you are doing. Tylosin or Doxy-Tyl should treat symptoms of Mycoplasma.
Either of them better than the other? Do you know the dosage if not I can research

Either of them better than the other? Do you know the dosage if not I can research

Also do either of these block vitamin absorption like corid? One of mine ended up with wry neck after the week of corid so just want to cover all my bases lol
I assume you will be getting the meds that come in a package and is powdered/soluble. Directions and dosing should be on the package. If not, then post photos of the product you have and I may be able to help you with dosing.
Either one of those should be fine. Doxy-Tyl is Doxycycline and Tylosin combo, Tylosin is just Tylosin (Tylan). Either can help treat symptoms of Mycoplasma.

I am not aware of either of those blocking vitamin absorption, but you may want to do some research.

IF you were feeding a nutritionally balanced poultry feed/chick starter, and giving the correct dosing of Corid, this really *should* not have caused the Symptom Wry Neck. Wry Neck is a neurological symptom - some common causes are Vitamin E and other nutritional deficiencies, Marek's Disease, Weak/Frail/Sickly birds/Poor Genetics and Trauma. Corid is a Thiamine Analog, which mimics B1 cand inhibits Coccidia utilization, this helps reduce numbers so the birds can build resistance. But, strange things can happen too.

Back
Top Bottom