Chicks first time outside!

What are you using as their little enclosure? They're adorable!
It’s just a wire dog pen! I used this the first few times when I was out there with them so the older chickens can see them but not interact! Now they are in an actual run still separated from the older hens! But the dog pen worked really well for those first few times out!

Attachments

• 1A90FBDB-4A0A-4CA4-AACB-852A01EF694F.jpeg
    1A90FBDB-4A0A-4CA4-AACB-852A01EF694F.jpeg
    849 KB · Views: 3
It’s just a wire dog pen! I used this the first few times when I was out there with them so the older chickens can see them but not interact! Now they are in an actual run still separated from the older hens! But the dog pen worked really well for those first few times out!
Thank you! I am a new chicken mamma and my babies are two weeks old and I want to start taking them out when the weather gets nicer for field trips and I need something to contain them and I'd like to be able to get in with them. Also I have to figure out how to transport them... they are in an upstairs room in my house 😆

Thank you! I am a new chicken mamma and my babies are two weeks old and I want to start taking them out when the weather gets nicer for field trips and I need something to contain them and I'd like to be able to get in with them. Also I have to figure out how to transport them... they are in an upstairs room in my house 😆
I carry mine in a cardboard box from the house to the yard😅 It works well for now!! Soon they will be too big for the box though! Hopefully in a couple weeks though they will be outside full time

I carry mine in a cardboard box from the house to the yard😅 It works well for now!! Soon they will be too big for the box though! Hopefully in a couple weeks though they will be outside full time
Bahaha! I love it. I want mine to go out in a couple of weeks too but the coop and run are not built yet! 😩

Also I have to figure out how to transport them
I used to use a shoebox, one of the ones where the lip flaps down. Only needs to contain them long enough to run them to wherever.
I want mine to go out in a couple of weeks too but the coop and run are not built yet! 😩
Better hop to it, they grow fast.

Back
Top Bottom