Chickens eating Fish Food Pellets. Is it ok?

rhino533

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 21, 2011
Thailand
My chickens are crazy about fish food pellets. They love them. I sometimes throw a handful around as a treat. I'm just wondering if fish food is ok for chickens? I think it must be ok but I just want to make sure. They only eat it once in awhile and as a snack only.

I think once in a while, as a snack is OK. I think pretty much anything once in a while, as a snack is OK. Chickens are built for a wide variety of foods.

When I had catfish in my pond, I found the sinking fish pellets hard to get and very expensive, I noticed that the crude nutrition was nearly identical to layena. So I switched the catfish over to Layena.

Imp- They did have babies.
big_smile.png

Ok Great to know! I'll keep on feeding it to them it as a snack. They really do love and go crazy when I give it to them.

My chickens are crazy about fish food pellets. They love them. I sometimes throw a handful around as a treat. I'm just wondering if fish food is ok for chickens? I think it must be ok but I just want to make sure. They only eat it once in awhile and as a snack only.
I’m so glad to see your answer. Thanks

I think it is not okay since fish feeds have a high crude fibre content

Back
Top Bottom