Chicken making weird squeaking sound

slab713

Chirping
May 2, 2018
One of my chickens is making a weird squeaking sound
I found a video on youtube that sounds exactly like it just not as often as the chicken in the video does it. my chicken does it every now and then. Also would it be contagious to other chickens because my rooster did it as well like 2 days ago but they are in separate chicken coops.
(haven't heard the rooster do it again)
Thanks
(my chicken only does the squeaking sound not the other sound this chicken is making throughout the video)

It could be mucus in the airway from a respiratory infection, a piece of food stuck temporarily, and swollen tissue, and called stridor. Sneezing is common with respiratory infections. Infectious bronchitis, MG, coryza, and ILT are some common ones. Here is a good link about those and other common diseases and their symptoms:
https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

The first time I heard one of my hens sneeze, I jumped to the conclusion that she was sick. She ended up being fine. Shrug... For all I know she got a little bit of feather fluff stuck in her nose or something and it took a couple of days for her to clear it.

The first time I heard one of my hens sneeze, I jumped to the conclusion that she was sick. She ended up being fine. Shrug... For all I know she got a little bit of feather fluff stuck in her nose or something and it took a couple of days for her to clear it.
same thats the first thing that came to my mind but i guess my chicken is fine

same thats the first thing that came to my mind but i guess my chicken is fine

I know it’s an old thread but just wondering how your chicken turned out. Just got home from vacation and one of my chickens is making the same noise?

Back
Top Bottom