Chick hatched last night weak and cant walk HELP!

ejtrout31

Crowing
Aug 13, 2018
Deer River Minnesota
Last night my Rhode island red chick hatched 3 days later than my others. It externally pipped on its own but it didn't zip so we had to help it get out. It was trying but couldn't. The chick cant walk it just flops around shaking its legs. The chick has been doing this since it hatched. The chick did fine the entire incubation but zipping. It is still in the incubator with some eggs that didn't hatch yet. So far I have tried propping it up but it flops down, I put a paper towel under it so it could walk on the wire better, I also have tried standing it up none of those have really helped. I would like to help the chick but if it cant I will put it down. If you have any idea what is wrong or how to help it plzz post. egg.jpg IMG_5608.jpg Thank you in advance. chick.jpg

You may have to put it down but give it some time first. It still has yolk inside to absorb. You can try taking some electrolyte water and putting drops of it to it's beak to let it swallow. Not a lot and don't force it.

You may have to put it down but give it some time first. It still has yolk inside to absorb. You can try taking some electrolyte water and putting drops of it to it's beak to let it swallow. Not a lot and don't force it.
Yea i think i will give it today and if no improvement i will put it down tonight

Back
Top Bottom