chick has been sneezing for a month

RIRobin

In the Brooder
Apr 28, 2017
I bought five new chicks about a month ago (they were probably two weeks old when I got them), and one easter egger has been sneezing non-stop since we got her. She had rough, chirpy breathing for a couple of weeks initially - it seems to have stopped finally - but she's still sneezing pretty often. She otherwise seems fine - she's eating and drinking and is active. In fact, she's never *acted* sick, she just sounds under the weather. The other four chicks with her haven't showed any sign of illness.

Is there something I should do for her now? Can I assume whatever it is isn't contagious since the other chicks never got it? I definitely don't want my big girls catching something when I move the chicks outside. Thanks!

Does your brooder have good air exchange? What type of bedding? Usually respiratory problems are bacterial, viral, fungal, or sometimes environmental. If only one is having problems than it could have a compromised immune system, or something else wrong with it. Time will tell. Hard to say for sure if it will affect your older birds or not.

Back
Top Bottom