Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Been in full swing breeding, incubating, hatching, selling Svart Honas. Just washed down all the brooder equipment for 100 cornish that are arriving this week. Now I am off to assemble and test run 6 brooders!

Thanks for Update Thread!
Wow, that’s a big project! Best of luck. It sounds like things are going well. :)

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hi, I still have chickens! I have my 1 blind silver spangled hamburg hen from my first flock, my one blind serama rooster from my first batch of serama chickens I got, his brother serama rooster, some golden crested sebright’s, and the sebright’s and my serama roosters pullets/roos. I have too many roosters, of course, but they all get along thankfully, trying to find homes for the roos. I have 6 still. I don’t kill/eat my chickens or roosters, so if no one takes them they’re staying I guess 🤪 luckily they’re all friendly with me and each other. Sorry this is so long-winded, but I figured I would give the full update… lol. Oh, raccoons got my poor silkies and their serama Silkie babies last summer, it was awful. I would love to get some Silkie hens again. They’re so friendly. 🥺 oh, and these chickens/roosters are not all together. I have 6 coops with runs that are separate that I can conjoin with gates on my property, so they’re also not all separate. :) hope you are in the mood to read. Have a good day!

Wow, that’s a big project! Best of luck. It sounds like things are going well. :)
Things are going well! I managed to finished the brooder bins today too. Its been many days in the process. There is a lot of equipment to track down, clean, and assemble. But its done!
DSCN1151.JPG

Hi, I still have chickens! I have my 1 blind silver spangled hamburg hen from my first flock, my one blind serama rooster from my first batch of serama chickens I got, his brother serama rooster, some golden crested sebright’s, and the sebright’s and my serama roosters pullets/roos. I have too many roosters, of course, but they all get along thankfully, trying to find homes for the roos. I have 6 still. I don’t kill/eat my chickens or roosters, so if no one takes them they’re staying I guess 🤪 luckily they’re all friendly with me and each other. Sorry this is so long-winded, but I figured I would give the full update… lol. Oh, raccoons got my poor silkies and their serama Silkie babies last summer, it was awful. I would love to get some Silkie hens again. They’re so friendly. 🥺 oh, and these chickens/roosters are not all together. I have 6 coops with runs that are separate that I can conjoin with gates on my property, so they’re also not all separate. :) hope you are in the mood to read. Have a good day!
So sorry for your Silkie losses, :hugsnever easy on the heart. Sebrights and Seramas are fun breeds to keep! Thanks for the update. 😊

Hello!
Just been around but no posts.
Very busy these days incubating and hatching Silkies and Wyandottes in several colurs...

Attachments

• IMG_20240429_201645.jpg
    IMG_20240429_201645.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240427_152554.jpg
    IMG_20240427_152554.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240426_182133.jpg
    IMG_20240426_182133.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240426_181840.jpg
    IMG_20240426_181840.jpg
    516.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240401_232116.jpg
    IMG_20240401_232116.jpg
    487.2 KB · Views: 5
So... I'm still around but I had to take a break from chicken-related stuff.

As some of you know, I was separated from my chickens after I had to leave home due to a situation of violence.

I still can't afford another place that allows me to keep my chickens so they're being cared by someone else and I visit them as much as I can - but as I'm working full time now, this is like twice a week at most.

So I ended up just taking some distance from BYC because I'm so sad when I see chickens and I'm reminded I don't have mine with me all the time.

Attachments

• IMG_20240304_163153.jpg
    IMG_20240304_163153.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3
Hey all! I have been very MIA! I started working full time, so my “free time” is far less than it used to be. Chicken updates: we’ve had quite the year of issues and with Texas heat last summer lost a few. Went from 14 to 7 in the last 2 years, but still loving them all to pieces until the day they pass!

So... I'm still around but I had to take a break from chicken-related stuff.

As some of you know, I was separated from my chickens after I had to leave home due to a situation of violence.

I still can't afford another place that allows me to keep my chickens so they're being cared by someone else and I visit them as much as I can - but as I'm working full time now, this is like twice a week at most.

So I ended up just taking some distance from BYC because I'm so sad when I see chickens and I'm reminded I don't have mine with me all the time.
I am so sorry you can't keep any birds, :hugs at least you can visit them, nothing better for the heart than hugging a chicken! 😊

Back
Top Bottom