Captain Jack for mites. Yay, or nay?

Pics
I have not used it either but it has the same active ingredient as Elector PSP, Spinosad (A mixture of spinosyn A and spinosyn D) (44.2%) per 8 oz. Captain Jack is 0.5%.
True, it's much less concentrated, so one needs to use much more. See below.
Elector PSP made gallon
1 ml = 442 mg
~9 ml per gallon
9 ml Elector + 3776 ml water = 3785 ml (one gallon)
9 ml per gallon x 442 mg per ml = 3978 mg spinosad per gallon
I think that works out to a dilution of ~0.1% spinosad per gallon.

The above should be the reference when trying to make other spinosad sprays. Target amount of spinosad per one gallon is 3978 mg or 0.1%

Captain Jack's 0.5%
1 ml = 5 mg
795.6 ml per gallon
795.6 ml per gallon + 2989.4 ml water = 3785 ml one gallon
795.6 ml per gallon x 5 mg per ml = 3978 mg spinosad per one gallon

Bumping as I need to Know for sure if this is correct for the concentrate It's about 27 ounces concentrate to 101 ounces of water.
How much to make a gallon?
do you spray the chicken or dap it on?

I have used it on my birds and it works very well.

It persists(keeps killing) mites longer in the coop--one month!
Did you mean you have used captain jacks? Or the horse spray? And if it was CJ's which specific product did you? The concentrate or the premix?

This is the one I have. I was hoping for the concentrated bottle that Ron has because I thought I might be able to get creative mixing the percentages. :confused: As of today I didn't spray any ON the birds yet, but I did spray it in the coop & gave the birds a solid poultry dusting again.

My mother & her sister are here for a few days. Please keep posting what works for you & what doesn't & I'll be checking in whenever I can sneak off.
How did it work for you

Back
Top Bottom