Can I get some help from someone with careless neighbours who own dogs.

And to everyone with the invisible fence idea I’m not sure how they work but I have no idea why I would pay that for someone else’s dog she bought halo collars and just never put them on the dogs because they wouldn’t go outside and pee all over her house

And to everyone with the invisible fence idea I’m not sure how they work but I have no idea why I would pay that for someone else’s dog she bought halo collars and just never put them on the dogs because they wouldn’t go outside and pee all over her house
Thought she said they were housetrained.

I'm glad to hear they're trying to re-home them and hopefully your dog troubles will be over soon! I adopted a lovable Basset hound 6 years ago from a friend of the family who got rid of him because he couldn't keep him in a fence.He almost hung himself trying to get out of my fence after I got him home. After I made a house dog out of him he quit trying to get out of the fence lol

I hadn't heard of the Halo system, so I looked it up and found:

The Halo Collar's advanced GPS/GNSS system is extremely accurate. It uses the latest geolocation technology and is more accurate than your smart phone. Halo Fences are not created using a wire, so they can't be cut, damaged, and don't need to be installed underground. In additon, Halo Fence posts can be placed anywhere, and are not limited by geography or other obstacles that prevent the installation of a wire.

But ...

Who will train my dog? How long will that take?​

It's highly important that you are the one who trains your dog. Every dog needs a pack leader, so as a pet parent, that pack leader needs to be you! This will not only help with your Halo training, but will build the trust, respect, and love that is essential for a happy life with your dog. On average, pet parents should expect to practice for at least 15 minutes a day for about 21 days—enough time to build a strong habit. Every dog learns at different speeds, so it may take more or less time. Make sure to be patient with your dog, and they will learn much more quickly!

https://www.halocollar.com/halo-collar-3/
Video on how it works: https://www.halocollar.com/features/

It's actually really cool and uses GPS co-ordinates programed into the app as the fence, so the fence can be anywhere completely undected and of no harm to anyone / thing that isn't wearing the collar / receiver.

My Sheltie, Sammy, ran through the IF once. ONCE. Has not gone near the opening since. Even though the trash truck broke it and it doesn't even work now. He used to run up the road chasing every vehicle that came through the property. No more. Nevermore.

Awww...I want them! They are adorable. It's great that the owner was honest in the post.
My dogs were the same age when I got chickens so it took longer to train them.

The best solution for neighbors who won't keep their dogs up is to re-home them or surrender them to the county. Then nobody has to worry about them killing chickens

Back
Top Bottom