Can chickens eat marshamallows?

jerseygirl1

Crowing
13 Years
14 Years
Jun 20, 2009
Orange County, NY
I have two full bags of marshmallows leftover from a barbecue - can my chickens eat them, or should I say, are they OK to feed them, since they basically use their beaks as tiny shovels to their mouths.....

Noooooooooo I fed mine half a bag leftover last week and none of them have keeled over!
If you have a few chickens but loads of marshmallows stagger it over a few days, I picked them into smaller bits so they were more beak size!
The girls loved them.
I wouldn't recommend it every day but if they're going to waste otherwise.............
Food is too readily thrown away these days considering the amount of starving people in the world.
Recycle - make eggs!!!!!!!
lol.png

They make good raccoon bait for a live trap.
You could make Rice Krispy Treats
droolin.gif

Or S'mores
droolin.gif
droolin.gif

But I wouldn't give them to the chickens, especially not 2 bags' worth. I bet they could handle some of them with no ill effect, but there's not much nourishment for them & there is a risk of choking.

My kids would LOVE to have them and would toast them over a campfire. Don't throw them away, see if there are some humans who would like to have them.

Don't think I'd give'm 2 bags at once, unless you got 50 chickens or so. Otherwise, handfull at a time, over the fence the marshmellows would go.

It's amazing what they can get down their throats.

Quote:
There's not much nourishmnet in Rice Krispy Treats but it doesn't stop US eating them!!!
lau.gif

As for the choking thing, nope, none of my even gave a little cough, just a scoff!!!!
gig.gif

I would never, ever give my chickens marshmallows. I wouldn't feed them sugar cubes; same thing, eh? You could donate them to a food pantry or shelter. I am sure some kids would enjoy rice crispy treats.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom