Callducks assisted hatching too early?

AnkaRikard

In the Brooder
Jul 2, 2021
Sweden
My call ducks recently passed the 28th mark of incubation. I researched a lot on the internet about call duck hatching, and I have read on multiple sites that you should always assist call ducks because if their difficulties to break the egg. And today i decided to help them with assisted hatching. The problem is that the yolk looks nothing like the sources i have used (mainly used this one https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/guide-to-assisted-hatching-for-all-poultry.72886/ ). And now i am scared that I have done something wrong and i am clueless what to do. Here is a picture of it if it helps
anka4.jpeg

Thanks for any help
(just to add I have put the eggs back into the incubator)

My call ducks recently passed the 28th mark of incubation. I researched a lot on the internet about call duck hatching, and I have read on multiple sites that you should always assist call ducks because if their difficulties to break the egg. And today i decided to help them with assisted hatching. The problem is that the yolk looks nothing like the sources i have used (mainly used this one https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/guide-to-assisted-hatching-for-all-poultry.72886/ ). And now i am scared that I have done something wrong and i am clueless what to do. Here is a picture of it if it helpsView attachment 2744863
Thanks for any help
(just to add I have put the eggs back into the incubator)
Is this baby still alive?

Do you have at least one calibrated thermometer in your incubator?
What were you keeping the humidity level at?

Is this baby still alive?

Do you have at least one calibrated thermometer in your incubator?
What were you keeping the humidity level at?
I believe the baby is still alive,
I keep the incubator at 37.2 C (about 99 Fahrenheit)
and the humidity level at 60-65%

The exposed membrane needs to be moistened with some coconut oil or Vaseline, so it won’t dry out. It should also reveal if there are any active veins, which I can’t see in the original pic. Can you tell where the beak is located? Did it break through the membrane?

Back
Top Bottom