Buff Brahma x Light Brahma

Ozarkhomesteader

Songster
9 Years
Oct 18, 2014
Arkansas
What would i get if i cross a Buff rooster with a light hen? would i give anything specific, or would it be random? would love to know if anyone else has done this, and pics would be awesome. Thanks!!

What would i get if i cross a Buff rooster with a light hen? would i give anything specific, or would it be random? would love to know if anyone else has done this, and pics would be awesome. Thanks!!

You will get buff pullets, and split gold/silver cockerels. The males will look like lights with brassy yellow coming into the hackle and saddle feathers.

I know this is an old thread but just curious if the same thing hold true if its a light brahma cockerel over buff pullets?

I have all buffs now but am adding some lights to the mix and plan to let them hatch some eggs next year. (constantly broody) Just curious what to expect.

I know this is an old thread but just curious if the same thing hold true if its a light brahma cockerel over buff pullets?

I have all buffs now but am adding some lights to the mix and plan to let them hatch some eggs next year. (constantly broody) Just curious what to expect.
it will be different because you will not be producing sex links, you will get light brahma looking pullets and light brahma looking cockerels until they start to mature where the golden colors start to show, the breast and underside will be silver but shoulders, hackles and saddle will be of a golden/yellow color

it will be different because you will not be producing sex links, you will get light brahma looking pullets and light brahma looking cockerels until they start to mature where the golden colors start to show, the breast and underside will be silver but shoulders, hackles and saddle will be of a golden/yellow color
I know this is an old thread, but would those be considered "lemon Brahmas"? I have seen pics of Lemon Seabrights and they are quite beautiful... I have a half buff brahma/half yellow EE setting on eggs from a Light Brahma...

Does anyone have photos of the results of such pairings??? It sounds like the offspring would have amazing coloring.

Back
Top Bottom