Light Brahma Bantam Cockerel (8 weeks)

Sevmeldim3

Chirping
Oct 30, 2023
Hi guys! I have a flock of Standard Brahmas all hens, Stormy here was sent to me from a hatchery as a light brahma bantam. Do cockerels always feather this dark? Is this just because he's hatchery quality? I've never had a brahma bantam before and this will be my first rooster. There's not much info on light brahma bantams on the internet. Thank you for any info or experiences you can share!
20240503_190007_resized.jpg
20240503_190145.jpg

For starters that’s not a cockerel... it’s a pullet. And second, nope cockerels can be any color.
Stormy's a pullet?!?! I was so sure, she got her first feathers literally 2 weeks ago lol the no tail thing, she gets up in everyone's face, and her comb pinked up at 4wks. I could've sworn I had a boy here! My light brahma pullets were so white and feathered out so fast and no color in their combs. Well I don't even know what to say lol. Thank you so much for responding!

Stormy's a pullet?!?! I was so sure, she got her first feathers literally 2 weeks ago lol the no tail thing, she gets up in everyone's face, and her comb pinked up at 4wks. I could've sworn I had a boy here! My light brahma pullets were so white and feathered out so fast and no color in their combs. Well I don't even know what to say lol. Thank you so much for responding!
You are welcome! Yep Stormy is diffently a pullet!!

Back
Top Bottom