Buckeye Hen Suspected Sour Crop Has Green Runny Poop

She does seem to be perking up a little. Her tail isn't as down as it was when I brought her in, I will most likely be doing an update on her soon!

Thank you for all of those tips! Would shortening work in replacement for the coconut oil?

Where can I get some Miconazole and the Stool Softener? Any specific brand of stool softener recommended?

I do not know how to tube feed but I know how to syringe feed, will that work?

Her crop is not big enough to need a crop bra. Her crop stays very small but it is still squishy.

I am happy your hen is getting better!
I believe you can use olive oil. I just switch between olive oil and coconut oil because she's on the oil for a long time. Any Miconazole 2% or 4% cream is ok. You should be able to find Miconazole and Stool Softener (has to be Docusate Sodium 100mg, not other type) any pharmacy, such as walmart, target, riteaid, etc. Brand doesn't matter, as long as you get the right dosage. You can just use 1ml syringe for these. I got Docusate Sodium 100mg gel, so you can either cut it open or let it soaked in 1ml water. Docusate Sodium is very strong though. I was told to give her one gel each day for two days, and she still has soft stools after 1 week. It may be a good thing! I guess it forced her bowl movement and loosed the blockage in her gizzard.

I believe you can use olive oil. I just switch between olive oil and coconut oil because she's on the oil for a long time. Any Miconazole 2% or 4% cream is ok. You should be able to find Miconazole and Stool Softener (has to be Docusate Sodium 100mg, not other type) any pharmacy, such as walmart, target, riteaid, etc. Brand doesn't matter, as long as you get the right dosage. You can just use 1ml syringe for these. I got Docusate Sodium 100mg gel, so you can either cut it open or let it soaked in 1ml water. Docusate Sodium is very strong though. I was told to give her one gel each day for two days, and she still has soft stools after 1 week. It may be a good thing! I guess it forced her bowl movement and loosed the blockage in her gizzard.
Whenever I induced vomiting on her I found milo in her vomit. Do you think milo could be blocking her up?

It's more likely caused by grass. But whole grains will be much easier to stuck in a clogged gizzard. That's why I only give my hen baby chick feed, which can easily melt in water and pass some partial blockage.
I have been giving her chick feed to eat. She has not had much of an appetite but she has been eating a little which is better than nothing.

Eating chick feed will help her digestion system keep working. Hopefully, she will eventually push the blockage out of her body.
That is what I hope. I also done the epsom salt flush as well this morning. How often should I do an epsom salt flush?

That is what I hope. I also done the epsom salt flush as well this morning. How often should I do an epsom salt flush?
Some people said once a day, some said 2~3 times a day for 3~5 days. I did once a day for 5 days. Don't want to poison her.

Be very careful to make sure the liquid going to the right hole. I always worry about it getting into her lung, so I pulled the tube out if she fought and then tried again.

Some people said once a day, some said 2~3 times a day for 3~5 days. I did once a day for 5 days. Don't want to poison her.

Be very careful to make sure the liquid going to the right hole. I always worry about it getting into her lung, so I pulled the tube out if she fought and then tried again.
I syringe feed it to my hen. I do not trust myself to do the tube feeding. Is it still an epsom salt flush if I do it with a syringe?

Back
Top Bottom