breed splash to splash

I just know a lot of people are wanting a more chance on getting splash. They are my fav
smile.png

Since splash is your primary focus stick with the blue/splash breedings. Trust me, before you know it you'll be out of room and building more coops/pens and then you'll fill those up and of course have to build more.

If you come across a stunning black that could enhance your birds then by all means jump on it. Just remember this mantra, more colors, more coops or pens. I raised almost all of the colors at one time. It was a nightmare. I was out of room every time something hatched, built the big coop and in a blink it was full to over flowing.

Quote:
Trust me, one day you'll turn around and wonder where they all came from. It doesn't take long at all.

Last edited:
Remember Splash is actually the Ture Blue, with a blue gene from each parent. If you are looking for more splash then an all Splash pen sounds like it would be the perfect thing. Keep a Blue Pen as well and rotate a Blue into the mix every other generation. If you blues get to light use one of the Blacks or Darker blues you will get from the Blue pen in the splash. No Problem just two pens.

Quote:
Trust me, one day you'll turn around and wonder where they all came from. It doesn't take long at all.

Robin is absolutely right!!!!!!!!!!!!! My husband built me a 12x80 "Silkie Shack" and he thought I'd never fill it up....right now I am looking for more room!!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:

Robin is absolutely right!!!!!!!!!!!!! My husband built me a 12x80 "Silkie Shack" and he thought I'd never fill it up....right now I am looking for more room!!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

12 x 80 --- how many Silkies does it take to fill a 12 x 80 barn?

Quote:

yippiechickie.gif

12x80?????
th.gif
or 12x8?

Not all silkies, but I'm quickly filling one 8x10, two 4x8s, and a 20x20!

Back
Top Bottom