Break my heart thread - Cockerels or Pullets?

And… These are Moss Eggers from Alchemist Farms…
Polka Dot, Quiche & Soufflé
Would be ironic & hilarious if the two egg recipe names I doled out to my chicks, ended up being cockerels. 😂
Thank you for your input!!
I recognize I’m too biased to tell the difference! I even looked at the feather sexing videos. I tried… just can’t tell. 🤷🏼‍♀️
This is my first time, so go easy on me! 😋😂
I have birds from them too, and my Moss Eggers were super tricky to sex.

All three look like cockerels.

My two girls from them at two months-
99321836-63D6-4B70-A14D-25D4F81E3046.jpeg
DB201328-3B6A-4C17-B762-D656A813DA7C.jpeg

My two boys at two months-
FC7F21EC-33B5-4B14-8E95-051BC6E12A21.jpeg
832E5508-5D94-421F-B490-BBB81812F473.jpeg

Now that I take another look I do think the other two are cockerels as well. 😬
Could be. 🤷🏼‍♀️ It would make sense to me that all of them are cockerels, with their behavior… but I really don’t know. Their combs are developing very differently. And the two to the right are much bigger than the one on the left.
I really don’t know about how waddles develop in the different breeds.
My dad has many hens that have waddles & look like roosters, but he has different breeds than I do.

Could be. 🤷🏼‍♀️ It would make sense to me that all of them are cockerels, with their behavior… but I really don’t know. Their combs are developing very differently. And the two to the right are much bigger than the one on the left.
Their combs are developing differently because the one on the left has a different comb than the other too.
I really don’t know about how waddles develop in the different breeds.
My dad has many hens that have waddles & look like roosters, but he has different breeds than I do.
It does just depend on breed for wattle development. Some breeds have smaller ones, and some have them larger.

Their combs are developing differently because the one on the left has a different comb than the other too.

It does just depend on breed for wattle development. Some breeds have smaller ones, and some have them larger.
That’s interesting! I didn’t know the same breed could have different style combs. But I guess it would be because this specific breed is a cross?

That’s interesting! I didn’t know the same breed could have different style combs. But I guess it would be because this specific breed is a cross?
They aren’t a true breed, just basically a fancy EE. They have half single combed stock and half pea combed stock, so both pea combed and single combed chicks come out of them.

Back
Top Bottom