Blood in turkey poop? Coccidiosis? Picture

OllieMs

Hatching
Apr 28, 2020
Im not sure if this is normal, not every poop looks like that. Some look completely normal. Could it just be something they ate or is that blood? None of them act sick. They are very active. I've been giving them ACV and corid. Does it look like coccidiosis? If anyone knows what's causing this please let me know!! And sorry for the nasty picture..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200429-084625.png
    Screenshot_20200429-084625.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
Im not sure if this is normal, not every poop looks like that. Some look completely normal. Could it just be something they ate or is that blood? None of them act sick. They are very active. I've been giving them ACV and corid. Does it look like coccidiosis? If anyone knows what's causing this please let me know!! And sorry for the nasty picture..
My recommendation is to immediately stop giving the ACV.

I have had chicks that looked like bloody stools that immediately went away when the ACV was stopped. I will not give ACV to anything. It can interfere with the proper absorption of calcium.

Stop the ACV and continue the corid, the blood is most likely the small intestine lining sloughing off due to the Cocci. Follow the treatment regimen on the corid label for the prescribed number of days, if the blood persists then you may have more serious problems.

Blessings,

Bo

Back
Top Bottom