Blessed with a harvest

pintail_drake2004

Songster
6 Years
Jun 12, 2017
IL
So, we have been blessed with a bountiful harvest so far. My wife and I have been canning and preserving nearly 3-4 days a week since May. We have already put up many cases of apple butter, blueberry jam, mulberry jam, peach jam, pickles, and tomatoes. Thursday, we dug a bushel of Yukon gold and Pontiac red potatoes. Friday, I was pleasantly surprised at the haul. 20 pounds of roma tomatoes, several beefsteak & Brandywine tomatoes, 3 pounds of green beans, 3 pounds of blackberries, lots of cucumbers, squash, and zucchini. A couple red peppers, 4 cantaloupe, and our daily allotment of eggs. So glad our garden is doing well. Each time I go to the store, I get sticker shock!
harvest 7-23-22.jpg

So, we have been blessed with a bountiful harvest so far. My wife and I have been canning and preserving nearly 3-4 days a week since May. We have already put up many cases of apple butter, blueberry jam, mulberry jam, peach jam, pickles, and tomatoes. Thursday, we dug a bushel of Yukon gold and Pontiac red potatoes. Friday, I was pleasantly surprised at the haul. 20 pounds of roma tomatoes, several beefsteak & Brandywine tomatoes, 3 pounds of green beans, 3 pounds of blackberries, lots of cucumbers, squash, and zucchini. A couple red peppers, 4 cantaloupe, and our daily allotment of eggs. So glad our garden is doing well. Each time I go to the store, I get sticker shock!View attachment 3197965
That sounds so good. I want to get some berry bushes to make jam with. Do you know any recipes for the squash and zucchini? I'm planning to make some spaghetti sauce and put some squash and zucchini in it. Enjoy your harvest.

So, we have been blessed with a bountiful harvest so far. My wife and I have been canning and preserving nearly 3-4 days a week since May. We have already put up many cases of apple butter, blueberry jam, mulberry jam, peach jam, pickles, and tomatoes. Thursday, we dug a bushel of Yukon gold and Pontiac red potatoes. Friday, I was pleasantly surprised at the haul. 20 pounds of roma tomatoes, several beefsteak & Brandywine tomatoes, 3 pounds of green beans, 3 pounds of blackberries, lots of cucumbers, squash, and zucchini. A couple red peppers, 4 cantaloupe, and our daily allotment of eggs. So glad our garden is doing well. Each time I go to the store, I get sticker shock!View attachment 3197965
I want to put this photo together, puzzle-style ♡

I finally got a zucchini and yellow squash a few days ago so I cut them up like French fries and coated them in milk and rolled them in lightly seasoned flour and then I deep fried them. Sooo good

Back
Top Bottom