Black To White Experiment

To me, that does not at all explain how it could be a "possibility."

But I'm going to quit arguing about it, because it's pretty clear that neither my opinion nor yours is going to change at this point.

Hopefully the breeding test will sort out what's going on, although if this trait only shows up after age 2 we will have to wait a while for the results.
I didn't think we were arguing. Thought we were just having a discussion but with different points of view.

I didn't think we were arguing. Thought we were just having a discussion but with different points of view.
I meant the kind of discussion where each side is presenting their view, and showing why they think it is right (which fits under my dictionary definition of "argument.") But yes, "discussion" might be a better word to use, since the word "argument" is more often used when people are getting angry, rather than just discussing back and forth about the matter.

I meant the kind of discussion where each side is presenting their view, and showing why they think it is right (which fits under my dictionary definition of "argument.") But yes, "discussion" might be a better word to use, since the word "argument" is more often used when people are getting angry, rather than just discussing back and forth about the matter.
Okay.

Hopefully the breeding test will sort out what's going on, although if this trait only shows up after age 2 we will have to wait a while for the results.
Might appear sooner then 2yrs, but won't know until after I get started.

I agree with NatJ. If it is a mutation it is not a mutation of the barring gene because genes do not change locus when they mutate. There are many mutations of the barring gene but all are in the same place, and sex linked. New locus, different mutation. It affects a gene that codes for something else.

I agree with NatJ. If it is a mutation it is not a mutation of the barring gene because genes do not change locus when they mutate. There are many mutations of the barring gene but all are in the same place, and sex linked. New locus, different mutation. It affects a gene that codes for something else.
We'll find out exactly what's going on when the experiment begins.

Best Solid(Not Barred) Rooster/Cockerel options I have are:

Red JungleFowl cockerels(10 Weeks)

EE Rooster(2yrs old)

Silver Duckwing OEGB(8-9yrs old)

Blue Wheaten Malay(1yr old)

Silkies - (Mixed Ages, Dominant White, Blue Partridge, Partridge, & Silver Columbian)

Back
Top Bottom