Best Hygrometer and Thermometer

The Spot-Check through Cutler Supply is $21.95 and an extra pack of 4 batteries for it is $3 or so. Stromberg's hatchery sells the same one for over $30.

Any one with an actual accuracy rating (which you will not find on the household thermometers, only a range of low to high temps) should do well. There are some very, very expensive ones, but this one is probably the best for the money I've seen.

Quote:
hmm im on my second hatch with my walmart hygrometer and everything seems to be going good. gave me an 85% hatch ratio last time

yea they do great the first couple hatches. wait until you are on your six or seventh hatch and the eggs you paid dearly for dont hatch because your acurite fails. i even tried new batts. junk junk junk.

Quote:
I bought one by chance and only use the probe in the bator. I do take out a plug hole now and again and put the unit over top of it to get an idea of the humidity, but that's about all. I've done 4 hatches with it this year so far, though right now my hatcher has the thermometer than came with my Hovabator and both Accurites are in bators that are incubating pre-lockdown.

During hatching season I usually have at least 10 accurites running. I do not have any trouble with them, I did have one that was 2 degrees off once. I just use my preset hovabator to test them and make sure they are on track.

I've seen that one's rating. It is accurate to within 2 full degrees, if I remember correctly, not really a tight rating, more like a household thermometer type. Seems for that price, it should be accurate, though! Your humidor hygro should be fine if you calibrate it and see if it's right on.

I just got mine from Cutler. Called it in by the part number. I ordered the Egg-Temp and what came was the one called Spot-Check, but they are the exact same thing. Jeffers Livestock, maybe? I know Stromberg's has them but they are much more expensive for some reason. Incubator Warehouse has one, I believe. Check out our sponsors, Eggcartons.com and Randall Burkey.

Here is Cutler's link to the Egg-Temp thermometer:
http://www.cutlersupply.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10&products_id=624

Back
Top Bottom