Barred Rock Roosters or Hens???

How old are these birds? In your first pic, I think they are all males except the one second down on the ramp. In the 4th pic, the bird on the left side up front looks like a pullet. I think the rest are cockerels. Sorry.

How old are these birds? In your first pic, I think they are all males except the one second down on the ramp. In the 4th pic, the bird on the left side up front looks like a pullet. I think the rest are cockerels. Sorry. 

They are 16 weeks old.

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm so sorry, but I agree with the others. The long sickle and hackle feathers and light colored barring on all of them scream cockerels. Hopefully, you can either eat them or re-home them. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in deciding what to do with your cockerels.

Thank you all so much for welcoming me here and helping me out with this. I was able to find a home for all these roosters ( except one I decided to keep) and also pick up some fine young pullets that are just staring to lay. I now have a happy hen house.
Thanks again!

Thank you all so much for welcoming me here and helping me out with this. I was able to find a home for all these roosters ( except one I decided to keep) and also pick up some fine young pullets that are just staring to lay. I now have a happy hen house.
Thanks again!

You're welcome. That's great news as roosters are not always easy to re-home. Good luck in getting those eggs.

Back
Top Bottom