Bantam Rhode Island Red Thread

Hi,
I just acquired a pair of Rhode Island Red Bantams and I've never had bantams before and just wondered if any on here are familiar with the line from Bill Ziehm? What is the background in this blood line if any of you know. I would really appreciate any information on these.
Thanks

I believe he got some from Don Nelson for one. Wherever else they came from he has some nice ones. I've shown against him a few times-sometimes successfully, sometimes not. I had Red Bantams for 25 years until 2012 when I gave them away.

Last edited:
Awe! I haven't been online in forever and just saw the news about Bob! How sad! Does anyone know what's become of his gorgeous bloodlines? He was so proud of them, and so rightfully so.

Anybody start hatching yet? I'm setting up my breeding pens this weekend.
This is the cock bird I'm using.

Where are the chicks coming from?
The closest Hatchery I could find on the map. Cackle Hatchery. I've ordered from them before, and their shipment was prompt and all chicks were in good health, however about four developed pasty butt, in which I spent a few days keeping them cleaned up, and they made it A-Okay.

I just bought my first pair yesterday. I am not sure of the breeder's name as my friend has to find the paperwork. She is in the process of moving to her own farm.
I'm so curious as to what everyone is using for coops and breeder pens. Also how do they fair with humidity and extremely cold winters. I am in northern Minnesota. I have an old dairy barn that I have made into my coops. Please show pictures and some measurements as I do 90% of all the building. I am handicapped and I design things for my limitations.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom