Attaching chicken wire to concrete floor

Thanks Brad. I am trying to attach to the top of the concrete. Your suggestions are very helpful. I'm not 100% on what you are saying, but I think once I get into it it will become more clear. Thanks.

I have quickly drawn up a picture of what I would do with the greatest computer program, Paint!

I would attach the wire every 18-24" or so with the fender washers and Tapcons (they are just the blue concrete screw, but the hole does need to be pre drilled. I have used a cordless drill before, but it is quick to drain the batteries. If you can get a corded drill that would be best). Then come back on top of that with the 2x4 and attach it to the concrete using longer tapcons and screwing between the other anchors underneath. So there would be a screw every 9-12" or so. Once I started doing this, I would play it by ear and adjust the frequency of screws. If I felt I could get away with less screws, I would. If I needed to beef it up, I would do them more often.

I hope this helps.

I agree with this suggestion. I would put a board of some type down and attach it to the concrete and then attach the wire to the board. Or you could have short posts concreted in the ground beside the pen wall and attach a full length board to the top of the buried posts that run the length of the pen. Then attach the wire. Hope I made sense there. :)

Thanks again Brad! The picture really helps. That does seem like the way to go. I will do my best and share my results.

Back
Top Bottom