Anyone Linux users out there?

Pics
What kind of phone is yours? More secure new hardware should not be a reason for a company to ditch users of a old phone. LineageOS might be an option to consider for updating your phone.

Apple is good about updating old iPhones and the such. If you can use the third party patcher to update your Mac do it but only if the Mac can handle Ventura properly. Installing Linux on the Mac would be another option.
It's a pixel 4 with grapheneos. I have a oneplus somewhere with lineage on it and I'm kinda tempted to just start using it again. It's also got a headphone jack and a micro SD slot.

Where are you going to auction the laptops?
What are the ones underneath?
Kubuntu is a good system. I like KDE a lot.
Debian is also fine by me. It is just more rustic than Kubuntu.
It's a local auction we're probably gonna hold in the parking lot. There's two universities and 3 community colleges in the general area so I'm hoping my bosses target them. The stuff we don't sell there gets liquidated, I guess.

There's some Mac 5,1's for sale and I'd love to nab one! Shipping on them is insane and for good reason.

Oh, the ones underneath are dell latitude E5500's. We've got a ton of them. When I go back on shift I'll show you the HP all in ones they have in there. We're putting unactivated windows on half and kubuntu on the others.

There's a little dell netbook with an Intel atom that I'm tempted to put arch on. I think even ubuntu's gonna be slow on that sucker.

It's a pixel 4 with grapheneos. I have a oneplus somewhere with lineage on it and I'm kinda tempted to just start using it again. It's also got a headphone jack and a micro SD slot.

It's a local auction we're probably gonna hold in the parking lot. There's two universities and 3 community colleges in the general area so I'm hoping my bosses target them. The stuff we don't sell there gets liquidated, I guess.

There's some Mac 5,1's for sale and I'd love to nab one! Shipping on them is insane and for good reason.
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/flame/
You should be able to install Lineage on the Pixel 4. You will then have Android 13 if I am reading the page right.

What happens when it is liquidated?

I hope you get the Mac you have your eye on!

Oh, the ones underneath are dell latitude E5500's. We've got a ton of them. When I go back on shift I'll show you the HP all in ones they have in there. We're putting unactivated windows on half and kubuntu on the others.

There's a little dell netbook with an Intel atom that I'm tempted to put arch on. I think even ubuntu's gonna be slow on that sucker.
Oh man. Dell. And HP. I am now giving some of my computers a look now.
The Atom netbook won't survive with Ubuntu. AntiX has worked well on my netbooks.
I should show you my computer collection. It has grown a lot since when I started it (I still accept additions any day) .

Back
Top Bottom