Angel Wing Treatment

Hello all! Here is an update! We finally were successful in fixing Launchpad’s angel wing by using both vet wrap and a sock! Here she is now (she is the larger one with her back to us) look at those beautiful wings!!

Attachments

• 074CCF85-A4D7-4C86-BF4F-042028BEA3E6.jpeg
    074CCF85-A4D7-4C86-BF4F-042028BEA3E6.jpeg
    972.4 KB · Views: 58
B33B32FA-4D57-40BB-A8B2-480DA7708707.jpeg
42C0EAE2-375E-4623-B238-7DEA87D6C008.jpeg
My duckling was the runt. At one point I wasn’t sure if he would make it. But with a little tlc he pulled through with flying colors. Then yesterday I noticed the angel wing starting. I watched the video several times but his wing is soooo tiny compared to all the other videos and pictures I have seen. Plus he’s a call duck, so he’s already tiny. Did I do it correctly or will this at least work? I tucked the feathers under the elbow and just wrapped (which was quite a challenge because he’s super strong)!

View attachment 1444545 View attachment 1444546 My duckling was the runt. At one point I wasn’t sure if he would make it. But with a little tlc he pulled through with flying colors. Then yesterday I noticed the angel wing starting. I watched the video several times but his wing is soooo tiny compared to all the other videos and pictures I have seen. Plus he’s a call duck, so he’s already tiny. Did I do it correctly or will this at least work? I tucked the feathers under the elbow and just wrapped (which was quite a challenge because he’s super strong)!
They are small but mighty for sure! I had one with Angel wing on both sides. Very difficult with their small size. I got one side to correct but the other side still sticks out some. I plan to try again when she molts her flight feathers. I done a different style of wrap than the one in this video.. . one that went around the entire body. It was a pita. I will be doing this wrap when I try again. I hope it works for you! please give us updates :)

Back
Top Bottom