Androlis Chicken Mite Predators

ChicksnMore

😉
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Jul 1, 2013
Arizona
Just wanted to share some info quick. Not sure if this is the best place to post this!

I was reading that they sell mite predators in the UK and thought they sounded interesting. They're not available in the US yet by my understanding.

Here's a link to them: https://www.dragonfli.co.uk/products/androlis-chicken-mite-predators

I'd love to hear experience's with them if anyone out there has tried these!

Even reading the reviews on their website, doesn’t give my a lot of confidence. They don’t seem very real. And it doesn’t specify what KIND of predatory mite it is. Or where this mite came from.

We thought kudzu and Asian carp were good ideas back in the day too. So I definitely need to read more about them before I’d get them.

Just wanted to share some info quick. Not sure if this is the best place to post this!

I was reading that they sell mite predators in the UK and thought they sounded interesting. They're not available in the US yet by my understanding.

Here's a link to them: https://www.dragonfli.co.uk/products/androlis-chicken-mite-predators

I'd love to hear experience's with them if anyone out there has tried these!
I’ve used Androlis predator mites to get rid of mites in my coop and on my birds. You need to make sure that you have no “mite killer” dust or spray in your coop before you release the predators in there, as that will kill the predators!!!
Release the predators in your coop then wait. They really do work! My coop and birds were red mite free in less than 10 days.
I will never use anything else now.

I’ve used Androlis predator mites to get rid of mites in my coop and on my birds. You need to make sure that you have no “mite killer” dust or spray in your coop before you release the predators in there, as that will kill the predators!!!
Release the predators in your coop then wait. They really do work! My coop and birds were red mite free in less than 10 days.
I will never use anything else now.
The Androlis mites are not interested in eating the birds - they only eat other mites!
The only trouble is that they are victims of their own success. Once all the red mites have been eaten they run out of food so die off

The Androlis mites are not interested in eating the birds - they only eat other mites!
The only trouble is that they are victims of their own success. Once all the red mites have been eaten they run out of food so die off
Can this product be found in the USA?

Can this product be found in the USA?
Unfortunately not that I've found. I've been meaning to contact Nature's Good Guys to see if they have any interest in adding them to their product list. Predatory mites do work, but they work better for prevention than treatment if the infestation is too heavy. With plants that are badly infested, often they are treated first with neem or citric acid to knock the #s down, then the predatory mites are added a few days later to mop up the stragglers. If you live in England/Europe, I would absolutely try the Androlaelaps casalis mites.

Did they work?
They work as long as you don’t have any sort of “anti mite” stuff like diatomaceous earth, Sevrin dust etc already in your coop.
They come in a tub with “bedding” and you sprinkle them onto the places poultry mites like to hang out when not feeding on your birds.
Then wait.
It takes them a while to kill/eat every poultry mite, so don’t clean out your coop for 4-6 weeks. Just add new wood shavings/ bedding on top of the birds poo to stop any smell or build up of ammonia.
However I notice a difference in about 48 hours. My girls aren’t scratching themselves and when I run a paper towel under the roosts when my birds are asleep at night I don’t see any red streaks ( the tell tale sign you have poultry mites)
So it works for me🙂

Back
Top Bottom