Predator Bugs "Good Bugs"

AGeese

Crowing
Jan 6, 2021
The Hawkeye State
Just wondering if any of you purchase or breed predator bugs a.k.a. "good bugs". I've used Mantis, plan to again. I've also used Ladybugs, Parasitic Wasps, and Nematodes.

Right now I'm considering Mite Predators for my Arbs, but plan to add Poultry Mite predators to my order as I relocate my hens to an old poultry house.

If anyone has experience with good bugs or are considering trying them I would be interested to hear.

Thanks ahead!

Just wondering if any of you purchase or breed predator bugs a.k.a. "good bugs". I've used Mantis, plan to again. I've also used Ladybugs, Parasitic Wasps, and Nematodes.

Right now I'm considering Mite Predators for my Arbs, but plan to add Poultry Mite predators to my order as I relocate my hens to an old poultry house.

If anyone has experience with good bugs or are considering trying them I would be interested to hear.

Thanks ahead!
For fly control you get fly predators. They are a small stingless wasp that lays its eggs in the fly pupa. If you want them just google fly predators and a list of suppliers will come up.

I was wondering about using those for our horses. If you've tried them, have you had success?
I used them with horses, goats, and cattle. The do a good job of fly control if managed correctly. It is best to get them early in the season. They do come with complete instructions.

Just an update I got 6 mantis egg cases. 4 are hung in my future poultry house while the weather begins to warm, I'm going to put the other 2 out tomorrow somewhere.

I got a deal on lady bugs which I didn't really need with the order since we got a ton already as soon as it warms up. I released them and they're pretty much gone.

I'll try to get some snaps of the Mantis. Next is Nemtodes and Predator mites.

Edit: I got a pack of Predator Wasps too and they're laid in a planter sitting outside. Can't want for them to do work on some flies.

Just an update I got 6 mantis egg cases. 4 are hung in my future poultry house while the weather begins to warm, I'm going to put the other 2 out tomorrow somewhere.

I got a deal on lady bugs which I didn't really need with the order since we got a ton already as soon as it warms up. I released them and they're pretty much gone.

I'll try to get some snaps of the Mantis. Next is Nemtodes and Predator mites.

Edit: I got a pack of Predator Wasps too and they're laid in a planter sitting outside. Can't want for them to do work on some flies.
Out of curiosity, where are you buying those Poultry Predator mite's from? I bought a batch of those fly predators last year from Amazon and they helped with the fly problem.

Back
Top Bottom