All horse owners! Read this! I have all the answers to saddle fit!

Cool saddle (Ghost)! Maybe if I ever get a new english saddle I'll look into it! I ride both english (english pleasure and equitation) and western, but mainly western. I got my new-to-me reining saddle last summer. It is an older longhorn saddle that is still in nice shape, and I quite enjoy it! This is a picture of it on one of my boss's horses. He is covered in sawdust, because I started to tie him up in his stall (it's at a show) and my boss told me he would be fine left untied. Apparently, Rowdy (the horse) decided to prove him wrong and lay down. Needless to say, when I came back and saw that, I was kind of freaking out that Rowdy had ruined my saddle, but it is perfectly fine. It's lost a couple of the conchos, but it isn't too big of a deal to me.
20200612_122233.jpg

Here is a western model of the saddle to, here is the link- https://www.equinewhispers.com/en-gb/western
It's a cool concept! I wonder if they will begin making more western styles, since, just like with english, as I'm sure you know, not every style fits every purpose. That saddle would probably do very well for trail-riding, lessons, or even possibly barrels as its profile resembles that of a barrel saddle, but it would not do well for most western showing events or any ranch work that involves roping. It would be really neat if they started making more of those styles, as I like the idea!

It's a cool concept! I wonder if they will begin making more western styles, since, just like with english, as I'm sure you know, not every style fits every purpose. That saddle would probably do very well for trail-riding, lessons, or even possibly barrels as its profile resembles that of a barrel saddle, but it would not do well for most western showing events or any ranch work that involves roping. It would be really neat if they started making more of those styles, as I like the idea!
I feel like if they did, they would have to loose the "not binding" concept, because it would have to be sturdy. Otherwise, if you do decided to buy one, your horse would really appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom