All horse owners! Read this! I have all the answers to saddle fit!

Weeg

Enabler
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
Its called a Ghost saddle!
What saddles do you guys ride in? Any english riders out there? I ride in a Ghost saddle, which is an elevated english saddle, that is SUPER comfortable for the horse, light weight, and puts hardly any pressure, or discomfort on the horses back, withers, and no contact with the horses sides. It will fit ANY breed, space and size of horse, because the foam panels, or shims on the sides and of the saddle, attach with velcro, and can be removed, and moved around the base of the saddle, to adjusts fit. It is also NOT at all binding! The panels, sit directly across from each other, on either side of the spine, and don't go down the whole side of the horse, so it doesn't bind the shoulders. It succeeds the rigidity test, and is really comfortable on the horses back. I LOVE my Ghost, and my Misty loves it to, since every other western/english saddle I have ridden her in, was either tight, or binding. I would suggest a Ghost to everyone who rides horses in this thread! A few links to give you more info! https://www.statelinetack.com/item/tough1-1200d-snuggit-turnout-300g/E005430/
https://www.badlandsequine.com/fitting-a-ghost
The second link, is the Washington dealer, rather then all the other websites, are shipped from the UK. Explore the second link to, to give you more info. If you are looking to buy one, go to, model overview, and pricing, and then call the lady who sells them, ask about the inventory, and you can even rent a saddle to try on your horse to see what you think! for the number, just look up, badlands equine number! I mean it, your horse will REALLY appreciate this saddle!

I use dressage and jumping saddles for all of ours, I’ll try to get some photo’s of them here in a second, but here’s a picture of one of the horses wearing one:
1A1AEC10-BC15-4748-92A5-79805FA04A5E.jpeg

Amazing! But the question is, will it fit any rider? :lau

currently I am looking for horses. I have a mare who is just... well how do I put it nicely? Well I guess I can’t cause she’s a bit On the difficult side. Her background was not reliable, but at the time she seemed to be a good horse. Her owners had about 20 horses. Obviously not every one of those horses will be given sufficient training and when they divorced, much needed training was taken away. She was about 5 when this happened, so as you can probably tell, loosing valuable training at such a young age didn’t go over well. She’s a bit green broke, although she actually has a lot of buttons on her. So horse-browsing is something I’m going to be more careful on this time. So when doing so I must look into that saddle, fitting is a pain. I worship the person who came up with it :bow

Amazing! But the question is, will it fit any rider? :lau

currently I am looking for horses. I have a mare who is just... well how do I put it nicely? Well I guess I can’t cause she’s a bit On the difficult side. Her background was not reliable, but at the time she seemed to be a good horse. Her owners had about 20 horses. Obviously not every one of those horses will be given sufficient training and when they divorced, much needed training was taken away. She was about 5 when this happened, so as you can probably tell, loosing valuable training at such a young age didn’t go over well. She’s a bit green broke, although she actually has a lot of buttons on her. So horse-browsing is something I’m going to be more careful on this time. So when doing so I must look into that saddle, fitting is a pain. I worship the person who came up with it :bow
I hope you check it out! I love mine! It fits me great, and my ridng style! I feel so much more in control, and connected to the horse when riding my Ghost! I personally, would have Misty come first, if the Ghost was the saddle that fit, I would learn who to ride in it. I would make it work even if I wasn't a huge fan. I would rather have me not as comfortable, then her in pain while I am riding her in a biding saddle. Anyway, that is my point of view! You can rent the saddles too, and try them out so that you can decide if you, and your horse like them!

Last edited:
I use dressage and jumping saddles for all of ours, I’ll try to get some photo’s of them here in a second, but here’s a picture of one of the horses wearing one:View attachment 2404165
I love Ghosts for jumping! Plus, I feel that when I jump my horse in a Ghost, it makes it easier on them because the ghost isn't binding. You should check out the links above, and at least give the saddles a look! It will be the only saddle you use for the rest of your life, because it will fit ANY horse! :D

Back
Top Bottom