All advice for raising ducklings please

Pics
New to the site and a recent New Daddy. I have a pair of Peking Ducks laying eggs and they were obviously enjoying each other's company especially in the water. I have 3 Muschovy Ducks as well who just refuse to get out of their nests. As the Peking were now laying eggs a few weeks ago I thought I would get Lucky to sit on an egg and see if they were fertile and if she could hatch an egg. Well today to my surprise I see a yellow ball of fluff sitting on the back of mum. Question is what do I do now like separate from mum or leave them together but put them in a different location away from OT g er Ducks and chickens? Any advice appreciated

New to the site and a recent New Daddy. I have a pair of Peking Ducks laying eggs and they were obviously enjoying each other's company especially in the water. I have 3 Muschovy Ducks as well who just refuse to get out of their nests. As the Peking were now laying eggs a few weeks ago I thought I would get Lucky to sit on an egg and see if they were fertile and if she could hatch an egg. Well today to my surprise I see a yellow ball of fluff sitting on the back of mum. Question is what do I do now like separate from mum or leave them together but put them in a different location away from OT g er Ducks and chickens? Any advice appreciated
First, :welcome !

Second, Muscovy are usually amazing mothers! I'd leae the babies with her, but keep her separated from the flock until they're a bit older, especially in the coop. You don't want them to get trampled.

Back
Top Bottom