A worm in my egg? Photos!!

While you're waiting for worms to be excreted in poop, what exactly are the worms doing internally?
Worm excrement inside the chicken is toxic to the chicken. The wormer is toxic to the worms.
Never heard of worming chickens til i started watching internet chicken keepers...

While you're waiting for worms to be excreted in poop, what exactly are the worms doing internally?
Worm excrement inside the chicken is toxic to the chicken. The wormer is toxic to the worms.
I also butcher a few on the regular and examine them for various things. No worms. Livers look good too.

Its not good for the chickens either... They dont process poison like a dog. Should only be used when absolutely necessary.

Its not good for the chickens either... They dont process poison like a dog. Should only be used when absolutely necessary.
Benzimidazoles are very safe for poultry. They are poorly absorbed and mostly excreted.
I've been worming my birds monthly for years and I can assure you my birds are healthy and most live long lives. Scroll down to Strategic worming in this link and read further down.
https://veterinary-practice.com/article/common-poultry-worms

Chickens are weak in terms of filtering toxins, so 'preventative' is not good. Unless you see worms in the poop, don't worm.
It is dangerous to assume there are no worms because you don’t see them in the droppings. Roundworms can be seen without a microscope, but the eggs and other small worms such as capillary worms cannot be seen with the naked eye. If you have a vet who will perform a fecal float, you may be able to rule out worms and larvae. Albendazole, the active ingredient in Valbazen is so safe that it is given to humans for parasites.

It is dangerous to assume there are no worms because you don’t see them in the droppings. Roundworms can be seen without a microscope, but the eggs and other small worms such as capillary worms cannot be seen with the naked eye. If you have a vet who will perform a fecal float, you may be able to rule out worms and larvae. Albendazole, the active ingredient in Valbazen is so safe that it is given to humans for parasites.
I would not conclude that because it is given to humans it is safe. Not to say that albendazole is not safe for poultry or humans.

... Idk from what ive read their livers and kidneys are sensitive to meds. But it may be different for someone who doesn't free range.

Back
Top Bottom