A cluttered run

@Mrs. K
You inspired me! I'm gradually cluttering my run, not because I'm integrating birds, but just because it looks like it's fun for them! Like a playground.

We are in, like, a millionth year of drought. I've had to let a lot of 0lants go due to water restrictions. Their run ended up just a field of boring dirt. This is making me feel better about the loss of their pasture

It's still pretty pathetic, but I'll post pics once it's further along.

Thank you!!!

Yes, I agree, what works for one person, may not work for others. It is just advice I often give, but am not sure if I am making myself clear.

I do think more of an obstacle course does make it more interesting to chickens even in a small run.
I bet cleaning poop off all those surfaces is challenging. So much for deep bed/litter methods and cleaning coops a couple times a year. Cleaning run will take place of coop cleaning then.

I bet cleaning poop off all those surfaces is challenging. So much for deep bed/litter methods and cleaning coops a couple times a year. Cleaning run will take place of coop cleaning then.

I don't worry about cleaning poop off the run furniture. My run has no cover so the rain cleans it.

I don't have many flat surfaces inside the coop itself.

Chickens don't really poop on most of the clutter, even if they do, I just knock it onto the ground.

I mean, you're going to have to clean, no matter what form of litter/poop control you use. Not sure why you're implying that deep litter + cleaning a coop once a year is somehow more work than a different type of litter (sand?) + cleaning coop weekly/monthly, but each keeper should use whatever works in their climate and set up.

Back
Top Bottom