4 Week Old Baby Turkeys Fighting??

outdoorzgirl

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 19, 2010
Lexington, NC
I have 4 baby turkeys that turned 4 weeks old today. They are all very loving toward each other, but this morning 2 of them were fighting. I think they are both Toms. Both had their feathers pulled down toward the ground and one had his tail feathers completely spread. It was kinda funny to see a baby turkey puffed out like an adult turkey. They were really going at it, pecking each other's head, wrapping their necks around one another. What caused this since they have been getting along so well? They have plenty of room. They even get to free range during the day when it has been warm (I have 2 LGD that watch over them). Surely it is not hormonal at just 4 weeks of age, is it?? And will I be able to keep both of them as adults?? I love all 4 of my turkeys. I bought them for pets. They hang with me most of the day, following me around or riding on my shoulders. It would break my heart to have to give one away. :( This is my first go at turkeys.

Following because mine are fighting too.. Same age
This thread is from 2012. The person you replied to has not been on BYC since Dec. 4, 2012.

You will be much better served to start your own thread and include pertinent information such as the size of the area you are keeping them in, etc. Pictures always help.

Back
Top Bottom