2022/2023 Emu Hatch-a-Long

The first egg(Day 56) started to make noise in its egg (hitting the shell and generally moving) but no peeping yet I'm guessing it's close. The second egg(Day 49) lost no weight this week a little weird but it should be fine in the long run got another week or so before it should hatch. Excited because its my first emu egg hatch

Willy laid egg #2 for this season yesterday. 8 days from the first. That’s a long stretch.
Is it her first season? It's my girls first this year and I've been get eggs quite random with the average close to two weeks, I did have a Week where she laid two eggs but then she stop for close to 3 for the next egg

Is it her first season? It's my girls first this year and I've been get eggs quite random with the average close to two weeks, I did have a Week where she laid two eggs but then she stop for close to 3 for the next egg
This is her second. Last year it was 3 to 6 days, but 6 was the largest gap. She does have annoying teenagers running around and could be bothering her.

1670371142025.png

Wild Rothschildi nesting. His name is 'Boy Emu.'

Back
Top Bottom