2020 Parma, OHIO - Can we get enough support to change the ordinance on having backyard chickens?

Who thinks changing the ordinance to allow backyard chickens in Parma Ohio is a good idea?

• Total voters
Is there any progress on this? Any proposal on the books? I want to get this changed ASAP. Cleveland, North Olmsted, Euclid, Old Brooklyn, and even Strongsville (with enough acreage) allows hens. Why not allow them in Parma? On that matter, can we maybe get quail allowed? They lay eggs like crazy and even the males make a pleasant, mostly quiet, crowing noise. No neighbor would ever complain about such pleasant little creatures, especially since quail are ground dwellers that naturally try to hide from prey.

I did notice pigeons are allowed, so I see no reason why chickens or at least quail should be too.

My family has been raising all sorts of chickens, ducks, and quail for 8 years in rural areas. We just bought a house in Parma, and would love to have at least SOME form of egg laying bird allowed. Parma seems a bit backwards and behind the times compare to their Cleveland area neighbors. Where can I attend and help educate officials on the benefits of backyard hens?

With the increasing and shifting scene regarding food security, it is becoming more and more obvious that we need to be able to have access to meat/protein sources. Backyard chickens in Parma, OH would be a great source. Is there enough interest in this? Please join the conversation and lets see if we can get enough support to change the ordinance.
Yes we should be able to have chickens as long as they are treated humane

Back
Top Bottom