15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Pics
3 pipped eggs left to go! They are cheering on their Americauna sister (🤞)! Besides her, I still have a possible wyandotte and a mystery chick to go! Both are pipped at the narrow end but doing fine. They were given to me by a friend, and I did not rest them after travel. I found out after they were set and developing that I should have. 🤦‍♀️ 2 of these are the eggs that haven't pipped yet.

After this last chick (blue maran hen and bcm mix roo) hatched all but 1 egg (my olive egg) from my personal flocks that went into lockdown have hatched with little to no issue or assistance.
Sorry to wear you guys out with all the posts!!! I can't help it, I'm a chicken nerd! 🤷‍♀️

Attachments

• Snapchat-272558157.jpg
    Snapchat-272558157.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 5
You aren't seeing any of the 4 moving? I'd watch and if you're seeing them trying, leave alone but if absolutely no chirping or moving, I'm guessing they died. Since it's Day 22, I'd not wait as long as recommended.

I'd go for what you did by taking out the air cell end just enough to see inside. If it's moving, leave it be but by now I'm assuming they're shrink-wrapped so might need help escaping from the membrane.
I opened them and they were dead. One looks to have quit before lockdown (green egg) and was very wet.
Total hatched was 6 so I’m counting those blessings.

My first ever hatch is over. 6/19: 5 Marans; 1 SFH. Dry incubation is good for Marans, not so great for SFH or Cream Legbar.
Marans looks like 2black, 2 blue and a blue splash maybe-? The one SFH is feisty as all get out!
Behold the cuteness…

Attachments

• IMG_4764.jpeg
    IMG_4764.jpeg
    350 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4761.jpeg
    IMG_4761.jpeg
    392.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4770.jpeg
    IMG_4770.jpeg
    489.6 KB · Views: 5
My first ever hatch is over. 6/19: 5 Marans; 1 SFH. Dry incubation is good for Marans, not so great for SFH or Cream Legbar.
Marans looks like 2black, 2 blue and a blue splash maybe-? The one SFH is feisty as all get out!
Behold the cuteness…
They are beautiful! I'm glad you got these to love! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom