15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Pics
Good Morning BYC family.
We are all so excited to be part of the Easter Hatch again this year. Our residents are already keeping a very close eye on the progress in our incubators. attached are the 3 incubators set up in each of Senior Living Buildings... 60 eggs set to hatch Easter Morning. our residents families come to visit on holidays. So all get to have fun watching..Me Too!

Attachments

• IMG_0149.JPG
    IMG_0149.JPG
    473 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0144.JPG
    IMG_0144.JPG
    470 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot (264).png
    Screenshot (264).png
    613.7 KB · Views: 14
I have EE’s, RIR and a barred rock rooster. And I too have lots of hatching eggs. I am hatching Orpington eggs that I bought at the Maud Auction. Lavender and Buff. I want to incorporate some lavender with my barred rock. I accidentally got a blue barred pullet in last years hatch and I love that color. View attachment 3768855
Oh wow, she is beautiful! I got two French blue cuckoo marans at the feed store last week, I hope at least one will be barred like yours, and not be a rooster (be a $11.99 rooster!). Unfortunately, it was a day too late for my broody to accept them, so now I have a brooder set up.

I candled the incubator eggs three days in, some are duds, and wasn't sure about some, so I am going to check those again tonight. I took my broody hens eggs and put them into the incubator because it looked like the air cell was getting too big. All of hers are viable. I put some of the "are they viable?" eggs under her to keep her occupied in the meantime.
I think I'll lockdown her eggs tomorrow. They are due the 17th, but there are a few bantam eggs in there, and the oldest ones are part bantam. I figured out I can put the eggs on the nuture right 360's kind of cross brace struts that are between the eggs on the inner circle. I put eggs on there when I was setting extra. Pain to have to turn them by hand, but it gave me the idea for how to keep the ones locked down while the others still get turned.

Good Morning BYC family.
We are all so excited to be part of the Easter Hatch again this year. Our residents are already keeping a very close eye on the progress in our incubators. attached are the 3 incubators set up in each of Senior Living Buildings... 60 eggs set to hatch Easter Morning. our residents families come to visit on holidays. So all get to have fun watching..Me Too!
This is soooo cool. Alexis, my granddaughter used to work there and she never told me you guys had incubators! I could have sent her there with a dozen or two silky eggs. ☺️

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom