15th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-Along

Pics
Busy busy day yesterday! I got chicks from the feed store that I've been trying to get for 5 years (cream legbars!). They sold out in about 10 min, so I'm glad I was third in the line to get over there! I got a dark brahma too, and it's like a little fuzzy planet. And I made a deal with another gal about three blue laced red wyandottes left because we were both looking at them but not quite getting them, "How about you get two and I get one?" Because that way if she only wanted two there wasn't one lonely one.

Then it took me two hours at my mom's to go through three weeks of collected eggs ( about 185), pick what eggs to put into my incubator. I put all of the eggs from my cochin fizzle bantam in there because usually I only get two eggs before she goes broody.

It was agonizing picking, so some are going under my broody who is sitting on eggs due to hatch on the 17th because I am sure not all of the eggs I set are going to be viable.

Here we go!

Attachments

• hatch.jpg
    hatch.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 5
I just saw this today, but luckily I put 13 eggs in my new incubator🤞yesterday and I have a broody hen sitting on a clutch of 8 since 3/3 (pics). I also put another 6 out last night for another broody that keeps trying to share the first hen's nest! I'm hoping to have a bunch of Easter babies!

My hatching eggs are all from my home flocks and are either bantam cochin, bantam cochin cross(to silkie or bantam partridge rock), or standard bym! I'm located in Oklahoma!

Hope everyone has good luck with successful hatches! ❤️

Attachments

• Snapchat-1782834073.jpg
    Snapchat-1782834073.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Snapchat-416213882.jpg
    Snapchat-416213882.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Snapchat-1782834073.jpg
    Snapchat-1782834073.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Snapchat-416213882.jpg
    Snapchat-416213882.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 5
Busy busy day yesterday! I got chicks from the feed store that I've been trying to get for 5 years (cream legbars!). They sold out in about 10 min, so I'm glad I was third in the line to get over there!
I’ve been trying to get some cream Legbars for 4 years, and I finally just ordered some from a hatchery. They were never at the feed stores when I went, and I bet if they ever were at the feed store they were gone pretty fast.

Wow, that’s crazy! I’m glad you were able to get some!
They are such a pretty breed, aren’t they?

Just set mine at 1pm. Came back to check and High heat alarms going off.

Emergency incubator repair to plug the fan back in. I had done that but putting the lid back together knocked it loose. Sigh. Lost two eggs from my fumbling. Today has been a day.

Sultan my Spitzhauben rooster of three years gets spooked by a shirt/ jacket billowing in the wind off my friends daughter and trys to attack her and I stepped between and got nailed 5 times pretty deep. Get it flushing with water and fried goes in to get me gauze to staunch the bleeding in 5 places. As I'm doing that I'm giving the girls a lesson on why they have to be aware of their soroundings and where the roosters are at all times no matter how friendly they seam.

Get in side peroxide the heck out of my led wounds, put antibiotic ointment on and bandaid. Head back out put him in the pen with his two favorite ladies and shut the door. Continue work on other pen and get the bantams in it that are for sale.

Oh, forgot that the daughter when they first got here was hiding an injury she got at home that I doctored for her. She's terrified of any one treating her injuries because of a traumatic ordeal with stitches a few years ago. We got through it. 😊

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom